Welcome to another episode of Game Set Match Kentucky! – The Central Kentucky Tennis Series Podcast. Today Chris Godby (Chairman of the CKTS), Justin Martin (Director of the CKTS Columbia tournament), Dwain Harris (Director of the CKTS Somerset tournament) and Chad Young (Director of both CKTS Bowling Green tournaments) dive into a little bit of CKTS tennis history, the issue of rainouts, and some upcoming events.
Topics and News:
- We look at the backstory of the Columbia tournament, how Justin became the Lindsey Wilson College Tennis Coach, and Henry Baughman’s role in expanding tennis at LWC.
- We discuss why the Baughman Tennis Classic had to be rescheduled due to the weather forecast and how a decision like this impacts everyone.
- Dwain Harris discusses the origins of the Lake Cumberland Tennis Association and it’s revival of tennis in the Somerset area.
- We mention upcoming dates on the CKTS as well as with other tennis events of interest around Kentucky.
Challenge the Call (FAQs):
- Chad Young explains the rules of coaching during CKTS/USTA matches (spoiler alert–IT’S NOT ALLOWED since we don’t play a full 3rd set).
- Ask a Challenge the Call question: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosts: Chris Godby, Justin Martin, Dwain Harris, and Chad Young
We’re on Twitter! @GameSetMatchKY
We’re on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GameSetMatchKY/
Email us email@example.com
Download or subscribe to this show at https://gamesetmatchky.com
- LakeNet Media Inc.
- Sponsor Inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org